Monday, May 23, 2005

 

The virgin passport

This story is about a passport that was conceived many years ago but was lying dormant for all that time. The original purpose of this passport was to take me to amrika but unfortunately it could not happen. So it turned out that the only initial use of its birth was to help me take GRE and TOEFL, apart from reminding me of my nationality.
It was a few weeks back that I was told that I might be going to Singapore for some official work. “Virginity is a curable disease” is what we used to joke about during our hostel days and it was hard to believe that my passport could be cured too. After filling some endless forms, getting my photo clicked in different backgrounds with different finishes, I finally got my passport buddy stamped by the Singapore authorities. I have to sometimes pinch myself to remind that the passport is virgin no more !!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?